D'oh. I shouldn't answer questions first thing Monday morning.

I think you test this configuration with and without the
underlying hardware RAID.

If RAIDZ is the right redundancy level for your workload,
you might be pleasantly surprised with a RAIDZ configuration
built on the h/w raid array in JBOD mode.

http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/ZFS_Best_Practices_Guide

cs

I think you test this configuration with and without the
underlying hardware RAID.

If RAIDZ is the right redundancy level for your workload,
you might be pleasantly surprised.

http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/ZFS_Best_Practices_Guide

Thanks,

Cindy