On 10/19/11 09:31 AM, Tim Cook wrote:

I had and have redundant storage, it has *NEVER* automatically fixed it. You're the first person I've heard that has had it automatically fix it.

I'm another, I have had many cases of ZFS fixing corrupted data on a number of different pool configurations.

Per the page "or an unlikely series of events conspired to corrupt multiple copies of a piece of data."

Their unlikely series of events, that goes unnamed, is not that unlikely in my experience.

The only one I've seen where ZFS reported, but was unable to repair was data corruption caused by bad memory. I haven't seen any of those since adopting a "no ZFS without ECC" rule.

I would probably still be blissfully unaware of the corruption is I wasn't using ZFS...