On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 8:35 AM,  <sbre...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have got a bunch of corrupted files in various snapshots on my
> ZFS file backing store. I was not able to recover them so decided
>  to remove all, otherwise the continuously make trouble for my
>  incremental backup (rsync, diff etc. fails).

Why are you backing up the snapshots ? Or perhaps a better question is
why are you backing them up more than once, as they can't change ?

What are you trying to accomplish with the snapshots ?

You can set the snapdir property on the dataset to hidden and it will
not show up with an ls, even an ls -a, you have to know that the
".zfs" directory is there and cd into it blind. This will keep tools
that walk the directory tree from finding it.

> zfs get snapdir xxx
xxx  snapdir   hidden   default

You would use "zfs set snapdir=hidden <dataset>" to set the parameter.

Paul Kraus
-> Senior Systems Architect, Garnet River ( http://www.garnetriver.com/ )
-> Sound Coordinator, Schenectady Light Opera Company (
http://www.sloctheater.org/ )
-> Technical Advisor, RPI Players