On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Weber, Markus <f...@de.kpn-eurorings.net>
> Paul wrote:
>>    I have not seen any odd issues with the five J4400 configuration
>> since we went production.
> I'm not familiar with the J4400 at all, but isn't Sun/Oracle using -like
> NetAPP-
> Interposer cards and thus handling the SATA drives more or less like SAS ones?

    I believe so and Oracle has pulled the SATA configurations from
what you can buy today. I'm not sure it is really valid to say that a
SATA drive with an interposer is like a SAS drive, they do take a
different path through the MPT code, so there are differences.

Paul Kraus
-> Senior Systems Architect, Garnet River ( http://www.garnetriver.com/ )
-> Sound Coordinator, Schenectady Light Opera Company (
http://www.sloctheater.org/ )
-> Technical Advisor, Troy Civic Theatre Company
-> Technical Advisor, RPI Players