Hi Paul,

I have been testing ZoL for a while now (somewhere around a year?) on two separate machines:

1) dual Socket 771 Xeon , 8GB ECC RAM, 12 Seagate 1TB ES.2 HD (2x6 disk raidz2), ubuntu oneiric, with the zfs-native/stable PPA 2) Intel Xeon CPU E31120, 8GB ECC RAM, 4 x 400GB WD RE2 ( 1 4 disk raidz1), ubuntu oneiric, zfs-native/daily PPA

I would consider neither the daily nor the stable good enough for production use.

I frequently get pools with all or nearly all of the disks marked as removed (a simple zfs export; zfs import -f fixes this). I also got kernel panics under heavy random IO (backuppc) on #1. I recently switched to openindiana on that machine, which is stable for the same workload.

On machine #2 (my office workstation) I get routine crashes and slow performance (the raidz holds my home directory)

That being said, I haven't lost any data yet, and bugs that have been affecting me are quickly fixed, so I think that at some point it will be stable, just not right now.

Richard