Hello all, I'd like some practical advice on migration of a
Sun Fire X4500 (Thumper) from aging data disks to a set of
newer disks. Some questions below are my own, others are
passed from the customer and I may consider not all of them
sane - but must ask anyway ;)

1) They hope to use 3Tb disks, and hotplugged an Ultrastar 3Tb
   for testing. However, the system only sees it as a 802Gb
   device, via Solaris format/fdisk as well as via parted [1].
   Is that a limitation of the Marvell controller, disk,
   the current OS (snv_117)? Would it be cleared by a reboot
   and proper disk detection on POST (I'll test tonight) or
   these big disks won't work in X4500, period?

[1] http://code.google.com/p/solaris-parted/downloads/detail?name=solaris-parted-0.2.tar.gz&can=2&q=

Gotta run now, will ask more in the evening :)
Thanks for now,
//Jim