> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Edward Ned Harvey
>
> Tim, Simon, Volker, Chris, and Erik - How do you use it?
> I am making the informed guess, that you're using it primarily on non-
> laptops, which have second hard drives, and you're giving the entire disk to
> the zpool.  Right?

Perhaps it works fine for whole disks, or even partitions, but with my
file-backed pool, the performance was terrible.  Everything else I could work
around ... lack of zvol, inability to import during reboot ...  But the
performance problem was significant enough for me to scrap it and go back to
normal.  Oh well.