Stephen, for some reason I didn't get your post so I am replying to Marc's and yours.

I take my civic responsibilities seriously and decided some years ago, to join a
political party.  My judgement was, the better party as far as my own beliefs and
interests go was the ALP. I felt corruption (read, influence of the Gaddianton, or
Rupert Murdoch, or both) was too much in the Liberal Party, that the Liberal Party had
become the Tory Party by another name, and the common wealth would be ignored by such
an organization.  Joining the Democrats or the Greens would have been a waste of time,
in my opinion.  Incidentally, the Greens just this past week have won a seat in the
federal parliaments House of Representatives for the first time ever.  It was a
by-election (something you USAmericans don't have, with your fixed terms) and the
normally strong Labor seat in Wollongong went to the Greens on preferences. (a
different way of counting votes).  Labor is shell shocked, the Liberals couldn't have
a bigger grin (they didn't run a candidate).  Politics is never dull.

I don't always win my battles within the party, but at least I get a chance, and no
one is lining my pocket or appealing to my base instincts of greed.

There you go, I think my TR is in tact and my salvation.....

How many members do nothing, when it comes to civic duties and responsibilities, in
spite of encouragement from our prophet's and apostles, and what the scriptures tell
us?

Clifford M Dubery