Gary, I agree with almost every point you've made here. So as not to
make this solely a me-too post, let me add that when a writer (US
citizen or alien) makes a statement like, "I love America but I hate
Republicanism", that writer has shown himself to be duplicitous and
untrustworthy. Any "good points" he goes on to make are then completely
lost on me, because he has already proven himself a liar.

Stephen