FWIW, this is exactly how I remember it, too. She also made a public snit about
how her 12-year old daughter wasn't allowed to pass the sacrament. As I recall,
her marriage broke up again and she declared she'd been a lesbian all along. Bit
of a wacko. Wonder whatever happened to her?

As Elvis might have sung, since everyone knows he was a secret Mormon, "You can
step on my triple, you can stamp on my food storage, but honey lay offa them
white-shirted missionaries."

Gary Smith wrote:

> Sonia Johnson was excommunicated in the late 1970s for teaching people
> not to let missionaries into their homes. She was pushing the Equal
> Rights Amendment, which the Church opposed. She wanted to put political
> pressure on the Church by having people not allow missionaries into their
> homes. She refused to back down, and her bishop had no choice but to
> excommunicate her for teaching a doctrine that opposed a fundamental
> teaching of the Church.
> Normally, this would not have been made public, but she made a big to-do
> of it in the press, and the Church had no choice but to defend itself in
> the media.
> K'aya K'ama,
> Gerald/gary  Smith    gszion1 @juno.com    http://www
> .geocities.com/rameumptom/index.html
> "No one is as hopelessly enslaved as the person who thinks he's free."  -
> Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
>
> Paul:
> No one in this church can be excommunicated for simply teaching false
> doctrine.
>
> Paul O
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Guns donít kill people; people with guns kill people

solely; its contents do not necessarily reflect those of the authorís employer,

${list_promo}