At 09:31 AM 11/8/2002, you wrote:

> I'm not going to say "Yes, of
> course the actual event happened as described", because it really doesn't
> matter. If it did, great; if not _so what_. I refuse to

The Book of Mormon prophets believed that the water actually parted for the Israelites but then closed in upon the Egyptians. That's one reason why I think it matters.

1 Ne. 4: 2
Therefore let us go up; let us be strong like unto Moses; for he truly spake unto the waters of the Red Sea and they divided hither and thither, and our fathers came through, out of captivity, on dry ground, and the armies of Pharaoh did follow and were drowned in the waters of the Red Sea.

1 Ne. 17: 26
Now ye know that Moses was commanded of the Lord to do that great work; and ye know that by his word the waters of the Red Sea were divided hither and thither, and they passed through on dry ground.

Hel. 8: 11
Therefore he was constrained to speak more unto them saying: Behold, my brethren, have ye not read that God gave power unto one man, even Moses, to smite upon the waters of the Red Sea, and they parted hither and thither, insomuch that the Israelites, who were our fathers, came through upon dry ground, and the waters closed upon the armies of the Egyptians and swallowed them up?

========= Mark Gregson [EMAIL PROTECTED] =========
Or how about the words of the Lord Jesus Christ himself:

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 8:3)
3 Now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation; behold, this is the spirit by which Moses brought the children of Israel through the Red Sea on dry ground.

--
Steven Montgomery
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

/// ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at ///
/// http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html ///