Well, I'll confess that I've been seen occasionally at the DnD table with
my son and his friends. My current character, an Elven priest, was zapped
into oblivion recently. While I've been busy (and dead in the other
realm), the other players were kind enough to get me resurrected.

I'm ready to answer any questions about "the other side" to those who
want to know.  ;-)

I find that fantasy is good, as long as one does not live his life in it.
It is an escape, but with anything in this world, it can be addictive and
distracting from the important things. I suppose that's why I don't play
DnD more than 3-4 times a year usually. There are too many real things to
do.

Life needs some fun. And we need to be able to develop our imaginations.
What books got you reading when you were a kid? How many of you in first
grade, were captivated by Stephen Gould's explanations on evolution?  Not
many, eh?  How many were role-playing Spiderman, the Fantastic Four,
Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman? Where did you learn of them? Cartoons,
comics, etc.

Then again, email lists, chat groups, and internet are about as close to
fantasy as some get, eh?

K'aya K'ama,
Gerald/gary  Smith    gszion1 @juno.com    http://www
.geocities.com/rameumptom/index.html
"No one is as hopelessly enslaved as the person who thinks he's free."  -
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Stacy:
I'm much less enthused by Harry Potter.  This was discussed on another
list, so I'll just say that I think it could encourage young people in a
totally different direction.  Maybe I'll have to eat humble pie and read
all of the books to find out because so many LDS people seem to be in
favor
of it.  Don't you know that'll just irritate Protestant Fundamentalists
worse than anything else?  They'll think we're Satanists for sure!

Stacy.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com