members often mistakenly believe they are to forget the sins they've
repented of. However, Alma, when telling his son about his conversion,
tells us that it is the PAIN of the sins that are forgotten (or rather,
"remembered no more"). We remember our sins, but don't experience the
pain, because Christ has taken it from us. King Benjamin suggests that
not only will Christ remove the pain of sin, but the pain of all
suffering, if we would but let him.

That isn't easy for many of us, however. We think we have to be fully
responsible. As Stephen Robinson wrote, we believe in Christ, but don't
"believe Christ".  We believe Christ came to the world and is our Savior,
but we don't believe he actually meant what he said about making our
burdens light, taking our sins upon himself, and forgiving us completely.

Yes, we are responsible for ourselves. We can't be as the protestants who
give lip service to being saved. However, we must find the true balance
between our own efforts and that which Christ does for us. It will be a
different level of balance for each of us, as each is at a different
place in spiritual maturity. Christ makes up the difference for each of
us, depending on where we should be, and how much repentance we do, and
our obedience.

Instead of dwelling upon past sins, we should dwell on the kindness and
mercy of a great God, who has done so much for us. We must remember that
He loves us, and we are his children. I know I would do anything possible
for my kids, quickly forgiving them of their mistakes. I know that Father
is even more merciful than I am. Otherwise, except for Christ and a few
prophets, who would make it into the Celestial Kingdom? Why such a major
effort on the part of the Godhead for each of us, if only a handful
return?

I am thankful for Christ. I believe he pays for my sins, as I repent of
them. I definitely am not perfect, but I am perfected in Him.

K'aya K'ama,
Gerald/gary  Smith    gszion1 @juno.com    http://www
.geocities.com/rameumptom/index.html
"No one is as hopelessly enslaved as the person who thinks he's free."  -
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com