John shared with us his recent trip to Utah and back. I thought I might
share a few highlights from my own recent trip.

My parents have three different time share condo's, and are enjoying
spending my inheritance (with my complete approval!). They had booked a
condo in Hawaii, on the island of Maui. They invited my two youngest
daughters (10 and 12) along. Since the two girls live in Michigan with
their mother, I don't get to see them very much, so they decided to
invite me along too. My wife couldn't come but encouraged me to go.
Anyway, thanks to my parents and their condo, and my employer and free
flight benefits, I was the lucky recipient of a week's free vacation in
Hawaii with my two girls and my parents!

I had never been to Hawaii before, and figured it would be nice, but
didn't really know what to expect. It was incredibly beautiful there. The
weather was warm and nice. It was really fantastic.

We actually had six nights there, didn't have time to do a lot of things
that I would have liked to. Some others, we would have liked to do, but
couldn't afford (like the submarine ride, the helicopter tour, or flying
over to see Perl Harbour). We did have a lot of fun though.

I rented snorkle equipment for my daughters and I and they practically
lived in the pool when we were at the condo. This worked out well as my
parents and I didn't want to be going all the time and enjoyed a bit of
down time in the condo each day. In fact, the biggest problem we had was
getting the girls out of the pool so we could get going to do other
things!

We went on a sunset cruise on a sail boat. It was beautiful. You can see
some of the pictures if you want at
http://themcgees.org/scott/photos/Maui/ but I haven't gotten the index
web page up yet so you might want to wait a day or two. I got some really
nice pictures of the sunset and such.

We also went to a Luau. It was really enjoyable, and I took quite a few
pictures of the performers, but it did seem a bit more like a stage show
then I expected. I guess I expected something more like a big fire pit
with log benches around it and dancers on the beach, rather than banquet
tables in front of a stage and food served from catering tables.

The next day, we went on a snorkling cruise. We first went to the island
of Molokini. Molokini is an ancient volcanic crater (it is classed as a
steam vent) with just half a rim above the water. The water there is so
clear that they say you could see the bottom even in 150 feet of water.
The fish and reef were fantastic. The girls and I had a great time
swimming and gawking at all kinds of fish. I had purchased an underwater
disposible camera and am looking forward to getting the prints from it
developed.

After what seemed too short of a time there, we went to another island
called Lanai'i (I hope that is spelled correctly) and did some more
snorkling. It wasn't as nice as Molokini, but if it had been first, I
would have been amazed. After the snorkling, we went out of the harbor
and saw a HUGE pod of dolphins. At one point, I must have been able to
see somewhere around a hundred of them around the boat (with, they say,
two to three times as many not at the surface). It was so great! I also
saw some flying fish, but didn't get any good pics of them.

Those are the high points of my visit. It was great to spend time with my
two girls and my parents. I missed my wife incredibly though.

Anyway, for any of you considering a trip to Hawaii, I highly recommend
it. I can give you some ideas for Maui if you are headed that way too.
(Just let me know, I'll be glad to go on and on about it if you want!)

It is good to be back home. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving with my
wife and all but one of my children. It is good to get back to the list
here too.

Scott

--
Buttered bread always lands butter side * Would YOU mistake these as
down (Unless it sticks to the ceiling!) * anyone`s opinions but my own?

--
http://fastmail.fm - The professional email service