Elmer L. Fairbank favored us with:
At 21:44 12/8/2002 -0700, M Marc wrote:
 feeds Jonah Greenberg to
the caribou,

Does PETA know about this?  Are they just sitting still over it?
Speaking of PETA, I just found another source for my claim that animal sacrifice will be restored in this dispensation. It is in the correlated CES student manual for the Old Testament 1 King through Malachi on page 287.

---
(27-32) Ezekiel 43:18-27. What Sacrifices Will Be Offered in the Temple?

President Joseph Fielding Smith explained:

"When these temples [the temple seen by Ezekiel and others to be built in the New Jerusalem] are built, it is very likely that provisions will be made for some ceremonies and ordinances which may be performed by the Aaronic Priesthood and a place provided where the sons of Levi may offer their offering in righteousness. This will have to be the case because all things are to be restored. There were ordinances performed in ancient Israel in the tabernacle when in the wilderness, and after it was established at Shiloh in the land of Canaan, and later in the temple built by Solomon. The Lord has informed us that this was the case, and has said that in those edifices ordinances for the people were performed....

"We are living in the dispensation of the fulness of times into which all things are to gathered, and all things are to be restored since the beginning. Even this earth is to be restored to the condition that prevailed before Adam's transgression. Now in the nature of things, the law of sacrifice will have to be restored, or all things which were decreed by the Lord would not be restored. It will be necessary, therefore, for the sons of Levi, who offered the blood sacrifices anciently in Israel, to offer such a sacrifice again to round out and complete this ordinance in this dispensation. Sacrifice by the shedding of blood was instituted in the days of Adam and of necessity will have to be restored.

"The sacrifice of animals will be done to complete the restoration when the temple spoken of is built; at the beginning of the millennium, or in the restoration, blood sacrifices will be performed long enough to complete the fulness of the restoration in this dispensation. Afterwards sacrifice will be of some other character." (Doctrines of Salvation, 3:93-94)
---

Just imagine how that would freak out PETA if they are still around. Something tells me they will be extinct when that day comes.

John W. Redelfs [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"...by proving contraries, truth is made manifest" --Joseph
Smith, History of the Church, Volume 6, p.248

/// ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at ///
/// http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html ///