Jim Cobabe favored us with:
I'm honestly not trying to promote Protestant doctrine.  But there are
obviously some issues here that merit further consideration.

I am sure you realize that we are not necessarily covering new ground in
any of our discussions on this list.  I have little doubt that the
people of this world have been striving to learn the true nature of
Heavenly Father since Adam was expelled from the Garden.

There is much to learn.  To complete the task requires an eternity on
the job.
I agree completely. But I also know that just as matter has always existed, and spirit has always existed, and our intelligences have always existed, so too law has always existed. There are the laws by which God governs us, and there are the laws by which he became God. We become Gods ourselves in exactly the same way that he did: by complying with eternal, uncreated law.

I agree that we may not have an inkling of those uncreated laws. For all I know, the laws of chemistry, physics, gravity, Newton, etc. are just created laws. But somewhere there is uncreated law. If not, then there would have been no way for God to create (organize) the universe. He didn't create himself. And he didn't create the matter from which the universe was organized. And when he organized the universe he had to do it in compliance with the uncreated laws of which I speak.

John W. Redelfs [EMAIL PROTECTED]
At present, the Book of Mormon is studied in our Sunday
School and seminary classes every fourth year. This
four-year pattern, however, must not be followed by
Church members in their personal and family study. We
need to read daily from the pages of the book that will get
a man "nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by
any other book." (Ezra Taft Benson, October 1988)

/// ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at ///
/// http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html ///