Cousin Bill wrote:
I was just wondering what everyone is reading these days.  I'm
currently working my way through Red Rabbit by Tom Clancy.  I had
decided to read the Iliad and the Odyssey, but I didn't get too
far before I realized that I will need to get the Cliff Notes to
go with that.  My little brain just doesn't function that well.
Luckily I will be heading for Savannah next month so I plan to
pick it up then.  I'm thinking of reading Contact by Carl Sagan
next.  I really enjoyed the movie, and I can't imagine anyone
having seen that movie without being convinced that there is life
out there beyond the confines of the earth.

So does anyone care to share what they are reading these days?
Or their thoughts on life in outer space?  I'm kind of angry at
myself.  Astute readers will notice that I have a new e-mail
address.  I also have a new computer.  I downloaded the SETI
program, but when I tried to add on to my previous SETI total
they asked for my password.  I have no idea, and since they only
send the password to the old address (which has since been
cancelled), I'm out of luck.  I had over 400 completed work
units, and had to start over.  I'm at about 90 now.  One good
thing, my new computer whips through those work units between two
and three times as fast as my old computer.

Anyway, I ask again, what are you guys reading?

I've been reading THE AMERICAN RELIGION by Harold Bloom and discussing it some online both here and on some of the other lists. Recently I finished reading a western by Ralph Compton entitled THE VIRGINIA CITY TRAIL. Also, I'm trying to finish up reading THE TEACHINGS OF GORDON B. HINCKLEY, but I have quite a way to go. It is a pretty big book and not exactly fast reading.

John W. Redelfs [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"While we cannot agree with others on certain matters, we
must never be disagreeable. We must be friendly,
soft-spoken, neighborly, and understanding." (President
Gordon B. Hinckley, October 2003)