What a great idea!  Let's set a date for May sometime, maybe? It will be
a little warmer, and my wife will be done with her semester of school
(taking the summer off).  I'm sure we could get Heidi Page and husband
to come up from Kintucky, just a few hours from the Evansville Stake,
etc.  Who all would be interested in a gathering of the Central State
saints?

Gary

Val wrote:

> Gee Chet,
>    It is never easy to find out someone has been suffering.  It is very
>    easy for folks to stand on the outside and tell those in the
>    inner-depths of depression and heartache to snap out of it, or pull
>    yourself together.  But unfortuately for some of us, it requires much
>    more than strong will.
>
>    It has been two years ago today that my husband died.  It has been a
>    tulmultuous two years.  I have gone from mere moments of understanding
>    God's plan to weeks and months of anguishing over the loss and wanting
>    to turn back the hands of time.  It has been compounded by the change in
>    income (much less) and having to rely on other sources to keep my house.
>     It would be easier to face these difficulties with my husband, but he
>    is not here to comfort me.  I have yet to totally accept it, but just in
>    the last couple of weeks I feel I've finally turned a corner.
>
>    Medication helps, but it doesn't fix.  In my case, it has helped me to
>    maintain a strong enough will not to do something foolish, but I have
>    still had to find my way out of the hole.  Fortunately, I am not alone
>    in the quest for a way out--I have the Savior who has been by my side,
>    even when I didn't want to acknowledge Him.  My heart goes out to you,
>    and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
>
>    And, Chet, if you are close enough to drive to Indy, perhaps we could
>    get Gary to host a small bash for some Zionisti and their kin.  It's
>    only a 3 hour drive for the average person (2 1/2 for me) to Indy.  I
>    could go down and back in the same day!
>
> your sister in Zion
> val
>
> -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Steven, I can't tell you how much your posts of Elders Clark & Skousen
> helped me today.  It's been a terrible year for us, and I'd completely
> hit bottom - went so far as to drive up to the Indy VA hospital and turn
>
> myself in as depressed and a clinical loser.  Whap! - Here's a bottle of
>
> new meds, we'll get you a real appointment in 2 or 3 weeks.  Started to
> feel a little better, but was still feeling helpless in a hopeless
> world.
>
> You (and Elders Clark & Skousen) reminded me that it's far from hopeless
>
> and I'm far from helpless.  (I may still be unemployed, heavily in debt,
>
> and flat broke -- but I'm far from helpless.)  And you reminded me of
> something I should never have forgotten:  that all this was forseen and
> actions were taken long ago to save us all.
>
> (You'd think I'd have learned this lesson when I read about the missing
> 116 pages and the Plates of Nephi.)
>
> So I'm feeling better, if still weary.  I think a good night's rest, and
>
> a morning re-reading of you three elders' post, will enable me to face
> tomorrow and continue the fight.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> *jeep!
>   --Chet

> [...]