Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 13. Oktober 2005 01:45:30 -0400 Chris Spencer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I noticed that if a ZEOServer client doesn't have the definition for an
object's class, it loads it as a broken object. Is there any way to fix
the broken object by obtaining the class source from the server?

Your sources on the client side must be complete. Otherwise the object is
broken. The server has nothing to do with problem. Fix your client.

But what if the client doesn't know what sources it's supposed to have? What if it only has a limited understanding of the objects, and needs to load certain objects on the server from scratch. Is this really a necessary limitation? I realize I may be using Zope in a way it was not designed for, but wouldn't it be useful to persist the entire object, source code as well as state?

Chris