--On 4. Januar 2006 14:38:13 -0500 Tamas Hegedus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi!

You have released the ZODB/ZEO as a stand alone package. But there is no
stand alone searching possibility. Why? This just does not make any sense.

Yous suggested and I tried Kevin Dangoor's stand alone ZCatalog. It uses
the Zope source just remove the zope dependences, etc (some type of
hack). But it is not maintained. I think releasing and maintaining
something similar would not be a big work, but would make ZODB/ZEO at
much higher rank among the ODBMSs. People would start to build projects
on them...

Using the catalog stuff from Zope 3(!) would make more sense than dealing with the Zope 2 catalog.

I think releasing and maintaining
something similar would not be a big work, but would make ZODB/ZEO at
much higher rank among the ODBMSs.

Do you volunteer to take work on this issue?

-aj