On 9 Jan 2006, at 17:20, Fred Drake wrote:

On 1/9/06, Florent Guillaume <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My point is that the python logging levels are insufficiently fine
grained.
The python logging framework leaves room for numeric levels and
registering equivalent strings, and indeed ZODB and zLOG have them
defined.

I want to use them.

Do you need someone else to define a constant for the level you want
before you can use them?  There's a API in the logging module that
allows you to pass the desired level in.  I see no reason to require a
constant to be defined outside your code.

It's useful to have them standardized so that the logging module can output a standard string for them in the logs.

Florent