Dieter Maurer wrote:
Chris Withers wrote at 2006-4-18 08:34 +0100:
If having two isn't acceptable, then why do we have an I and O BTree's, not to mention the special ones used for in-memory ZODB indexes? Surely we should just have one BTree class?

Using "I" versus "O" BTrees makes a huge difference for mass operations
(as those used for cataloguing and set operations).

The difference is surely much smaller for "I" versus "L" BTrees -- but
it will be measurable for many catalog searches.

Exactly, hence why I want to keep them differentiated :-)

I'd only want to see L*BTrees if they're really needed...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk