I must say I'm not an expert on all things ZODB/ZEO, but what I meant by ownership is the management of persistent objects. The cache management logic of ZODB can the way I understand it "ghostify" objects, what happens if I insert an object from one ZODB (using ClientStorage) into another (using local storage)? Which of the databases will control the ghostifying/unghostifying of the object? What I basically want to achieve is to be able to close the ClientStorage, and still be able to access these objects (without access to state in the ClientStorage).

Arve