[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
If you setup drbd and heartbeat , the spare will take over the floating ip from the zeo server and restart the service. drbd is simply doing a block level replication of the zeo server file system where the zeo data is stored. The question is what files needs to be replicated so that when the the service is restarted on the spare, all the files needed by the zeo server to operate are there? I'm trying to ensure from a system architecture standpoint I'm not missing anything.

When using FileStorage, you'd need the Data.fs.* files, except Data.fs.lock.

In the end, this might not be exactly HA because you'll have a period of time that isn't covered and may stretch for quite a while. (But I don't know about the HA terminology anyway...)

(Re)starting the ZEO server when it is needed might take a while on large databases if the index file happens to be broken.

Christian