Juan Pablo Giménez wrote:
El lun, 02-10-2006 a las 14:00 -0400, Benji York escribió:
>> "Data.fs.tmp" usually only contains the last transaction (although,
>> it may not free unused space at the end).
> > but... that's a bug... why zope keep writing in .tmp file if we can't > recover nothing from there?!?!...

Why is it a bug?  A .tmp file is just that, temporary.  It's not a backup.

ok... but, if you delete Data.fs zope keep running, writing data into Data.fs.tmp, and don't log nothing about it. Sorry, but that's a bug...

That's the way Unix-like file systems work. Perhaps you should switch to Windows, it doesn't (easily) allow you to delete in-use files.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer