Chris Withers wrote:
FileStorage-over-ZEO managed the test in 3 mins 20 seconds

Relatorage-to-Oracle managed the test in 3 mins 18 seconds

Cool, although it's not clear the storage speed had a major impact. If it did have a major impact, then the same test using plain FileStorage or RelStorage on MySQL should reveal that. MySQL was the clear leader in my own performance tests, despite my efforts to make PostgreSQL or Oracle win. ;) I've seen evidence that RelStorage on MySQL even has a chance of beating plain FileStorage in performance.

I'd be really interested to try some tests with multiple ZEO clients attached to a FileStorage versus multiple RelStorage client attached to Oracle. I suspect Oracle would win ;-)

I am certainly interested in hearing the results of that test.

Shane