On 7/20/06, Amol A Chiplunkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Interesting !

If you propose to lock all the non global zones and do a pkgadd,
how different is it from pkgadd -G ?

because it effects all packages, -G is not possible if you are using
an installer like in JES or blastwave, or any other commercial package
with an install script.

James

For that matter, pkgadd -G is not just for global, but for any
zone. It gives you same kind of result without having to lock zones.
It installs package only in the zone where pkgadd is running.

However, your proposed feature could be used to selectively keep
some of the non global zones active while pkgadd is being done in
the global zone so that they get the package keeping the locked zones
untouched.

thanks
- Amol