You can grep for inherit-pkg-dir in the zone config; using something like zonecfg -z <zonename> export | grep inherit-pkg-dir should work for you.

On 8/17/06, Padmalatha S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi there -

    I'b been wanting to know this for while now.
    Is there any simple method to know or classify
    on a host which is running zones as which is
    sparse and which is whole-root?

    The zone names are very generic and doesnt give
    a clue; so, I'm interested in knowing:

    ? Possible[simple] method to know from the global
       zone itself
    ? If not from global zone, atleast a possible[simple]
       method to know the same after getting into local zones

Thanks Ahead,
~Latha.