Padmalatha S wrote On 08/17/06 08:34,:
Hi there -

    I'b been wanting to know this for while now.
    Is there any simple method to know or classify
    on a host which is running zones as which is
    sparse and which is whole-root?

    The zone names are very generic and doesnt give
    a clue; so, I'm interested in knowing:

    ? Possible[simple] method to know from the global
       zone itself

Mounts will show this. A zone's /usr, /lib will be in the zonepath

    ? If not from global zone, atleast a possible[simple]
       method to know the same after getting into local zones

I non-global zone can not (maybe should not) be able to tell via a command. But if you can write to /lib, /usr, etc you know you are not lofs read-only mounted for those file systems, and thus not sparse.

Steffen

Thanks Ahead,
~Latha.