-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steffen
Weiberle
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: zones-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zones-discuss] How to possibly identify whole-root/sparse

Padmalatha S wrote On 08/17/06 08:34,:
> Hi there -
>
>     I'b been wanting to know this for while now.
>     Is there any simple method to know or classify
>     on a host which is running zones as which is
>     sparse and which is whole-root?
>
>     The zone names are very generic and doesnt give
>     a clue; so, I'm interested in knowing:
>
>     ? Possible[simple] method to know from the global
>        zone itself

Mounts will show this. A zone's /usr, /lib will be in the zonepath

>     ? If not from global zone, atleast a possible[simple]
>        method to know the same after getting into local zones

I non-global zone can not (maybe should not) be able to tell via a
command. But if you can write to /lib, /usr, etc you know you are not
lofs read-only mounted for those file systems, and thus not sparse.

Steffen