On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 03:36:56PM +0100, Dick Davies wrote:

> >> There doesn't seem to be any description of *how* this was fixed.
> >> I'd assumed 'dynamic resource pools' no longer depended on java
> >> (wrongly, judging by SXCR b46).
> >
> >In S10 there was a single pkg for pools (SUNWpool).  In nevada this
> >was split into two pkgs (SUNWpool & SUNWpoold).  SUNWzoneu still
> >depends on SUNWpool, but if you look at that pkg, it no longer
> >depends on SUNWj5rt.  The SUNWpoold pkg does depend on SUNWj5rt.
>
> That makes sense - I thought the OP was asking to remove the
> 'dynamic resource pools' dependency on java.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
> http://number9.hellooperator.net/

The split of the pools functionality into multiple packages made sense for
zones. The functionality provided by dynamic resource pools only applies to
the global zone anyway.

For the curious amongst you...

We can't remove the dependency on java from Dynamic Resource Pools, without
re-writing poold, since it is written in java.

Gary
--
Gary Pennington
Solaris Kernel Development,