I have three SAP database instances/central instances running in three sparse
zones with no problem.

I have created a new sparse zone for a new SAP installation (Solution Manager
4.0) and started the installation. SAP requires a 1.4.2 SDK even though Java
1.5 comes with Solaris 10.  The 1.4.2 SDK is in /usr/j2se.  The installation
errors out because it can't get "write" rights to
/usr/j2se/jre/lib/security/local_policy.jar as it is trying to install some
security encryption JCE component.

I have thought about creating a /usr/j2se_zonename file system, copying the
contents of /usr/j2se into it and then mounting /usr/j2se_zonename in the zone
as a lofs with the name /usr/j2se.  However when I do the copy of /usr/j2se I
get some recursion errors.

Any thoughts about how to add a writable /usr/j2se into the sparse zone with
the least amount of effort ?  Otherwise plan B would be to create a "large"
zone with a writable /usr directory.