* James Carlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-10-05 13:47]:
> Dan Price writes:
> > On Thu 05 Oct 2006 at 07:16PM, Alan Burlison wrote:
> > > Someone using Solaris 10 & Zones for hosting provision, cool to see
> > > someone building a business around Zones. (No, I'm not affiliated with
> > > them in any way, neither have I used their services - just thought it
> > > was interesting ;-)
> > >
> > > http://www.mod3.co.uk/
> >
> > Indeed.  There are several.  Do people think it would be right and
> > proper to have a section of them on the OpenSolaris zones page?  Or
> > would that somehow seem like advertising?
>
> Unless they're actually using Open Solaris directly, and there's some
> sort of obvious tie-in, it sounds to me more like a www.sun.com sort
> of thing.

  I guess I'm wondering if there's a desire for opensolaris.org to
  highlight opportunities to run on any one of the distributions, be it
  by burning and booting an ISO, or by using an OpenSolaris-based
  hosting provider.

  Probably something to discuss in opensolaris-mktg (or even
  cab-discuss, if you conclude it's too controversial).  I see Al's made
  a supporting comment, so maybe best to move to Marketing and see if
  it's not just a zones thing--would plain hosting with any OpenSolaris
  distribution be worth a mention?

  - Stephen

--
Stephen Hahn, PhD  Solaris Kernel Development, Sun Microsystems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://blogs.sun.com/sch/