On Mon 05 Feb 2007 at 10:17PM, Mike Gerdts wrote:
> I just got a chance to start playing with the capped memory resource
> controls in build 56.  At first blush, this looks to be *very* good
> stuff.  My initial testing included some very basic single process
> memory hog tests and multiple process mmap(..., MAP_SHARED,...) tests.
> In each case, the limits kicked in as I expected, and prstat -Z
> running from the global zone gave what appeared to be accurate
> information.  Great job!

Thanks Mike, and thanks for taking the time to test this stuff.  I also
want to take this as a chance to publicly thank and congratulate Jerry
and Steve, who dug in and did some incredibly hard work to make this
project happen.  I'll let Steve and Jerry answer your technical
questions.

For those who may be new to what Mike is talking about, check out
some good information on this project, which revamps the zones/RM
(resource management) integration:

http://blogs.sun.com/jerrysblog/entry/containers_in_sx_build_56
http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=74654
http://opensolaris.org/os/community/arc/caselog/2006/496/spec-txt/