On Sat 17 Mar 2007 at 08:02PM, James Carlson wrote:
> Dan Price writes:
> >         - Currently must be tied to a physical NIC -- in other words
> >           you must dedicate a real NIC (not a logical interface)
> >           to each IP instance you want to run.  This limitation is
> >           expected to be lifted when the Virtual NIC part of Crossbow is
> >           integrated.
>
> A physical DLPI Style 1 NIC -- Style 2 (such as hme and ce) won't work
> with it yet.  (Clearview should fix this.)

It might be nice to have a full list of the (otherwise Sun supported)
NICs which don't work, if there isn't one already.  I wasn't aware
of this particular limitation.  Do you know of such a list?

Of interest to customers wishing to use this would likely be a
list of some supported NICs whose drivers are DLPI style 1 (and
especially those with >1 port).

        -dp