Jeff Victor writes:
> I wonder what would happen if you killed all of the zone's processes with
> "pkill -9 -z <zonename>" and then force the zone to re-boot with zoneadm. The
> process in biowait would still be there, but if the zone can re-boot, that
> may
> not matter.

That wouldn't help.

As long as there's a process around holding the zone active, the
shutdown won't complete and you won't be able to reboot the zone.  In
this case, if you're stuck unkillably somewhere in the kernel, then
the stuck thread will hold a cred_t that holds a reference to the
zone_t -- preventing it from finishing.

That's a driver bug that has to be fixed, not something that can be
worked around.