I am currently working on a project where I have a number of systems which can
host any number of local zones. I have a master server which looks to see which
zone is running where and its status. This is all well and good, however, I
have a question which may save me many hours of grief with hostid lookups etc

Is there any way a local zone can interrogate the global zone to see which
global zone it is running on? i.e. something like a command

localzone># whathost
localzone># localzone is running on globalzone2 since 12:07 13/2/07

Currently I am using a hostid lookup table which is cumbersome any ideas
appreciated

V.