Just your normal stuff but no nfs or syslog. I do see that sysidtool:net is offline. I'm guessing this is my issue.

svc:/system/sysidtool:net (sysidtool)
 State: offline since Thu May 03 06:39:14 2007
Reason: Start method is running.
   See: http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-C4
   See: sysidtool(1M)
   See: /var/svc/log/system-sysidtool:net.log
Impact: 24 dependent services are not running.  (Use -v for list.)

Nothing exciting in that log file.

Amol Chiplunkar wrote:

Michael Barrett wrote:

I just created 9 whole root local zones across 4 physical boxes. On 3 of them /var/adm/messages was never created and syslogd doesn't start.

Does svcs -x say anything about system-log service ?

Then on some nfs client was never started and svcadm doesn't seem to start the service...no error in svc log.

This has only happened with s10u3. Are there new security policies that are effecting me?

Mike