That was it. zlogin -C and there I was at the system id questions. Interesting that a zone will boot up to running status, allow you to login and tell you it's in run level 3 without sysid completed.

Stephen Hahn wrote:

* Michael Barrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-05-09 08:43]:

Just your normal stuff but no nfs or syslog. I do see that sysidtool:net is offline. I'm guessing this is my issue.

svc:/system/sysidtool:net (sysidtool)
State: offline since Thu May 03 06:39:14 2007
Reason: Start method is running.
  See: http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-C4
  See: sysidtool(1M)
  See: /var/svc/log/system-sysidtool:net.log
Impact: 24 dependent services are not running.  (Use -v for list.)

Nothing exciting in that log file.

  Usually this output means that the sysid tools are waiting for user
  input on the (zone) console (which is why they have infinite timeouts):

$ svcprop -p start sysidtool:net
start/exec astring /lib/svc/method/sysidtool-net
start/timeout_seconds count 0
start/type astring method

  - Stephen