The first thing I would comment on is :
- If the sysidcfg has failed due to some reason, just fail that zone and make zlogin -C mandatory. Maybe give a new state "unsysconfigured" or something to such zones.

The second thing is "prevalidation" of the sysidcfg inputs given.
- If there are some issues in the sysidcfg information, then it ought to be pointed out before that configuration is attempted to be applied onto that zone.

I do not know what all dependencies are involved in the above of course. Maybe many things are outside of the zones framework itself, making it such a bad/unreliable interface

My 2c.
Abhijeet