Gael writes:
> Was your zone up and running during the patching ? If not, usually, you will
> need to have the zones booted in single user for patches to apply (at least
> seen that behaviour during a lot of patch seances...)

I'd suggest filing a bug if you find that you need to do _anything_
special that's not listed in the README for the patch.  The idea that
the patch would install correctly but not update the zones sounds
frightening -- my guess would be that the package tools weren't
updated prior to the patching.

In any event, patches don't exist for any OpenSolaris-based
distribution, so you must be referring to Solaris 10.  Solaris 10 and
patching aren't normally supported on opensolaris.org.  It would be
good to get in touch with Sun's support group instead.