hey amir,

It is possible (although probably not really supported) to run an X
server that directly access hardware devices (ie, graphics card,
keyboard, mouse, etc) in a zone.  But it wouldn't work to have
multiple zones trying to access the same hardware at the same time.

But it should be possible to run multiple OpenGL based 3d applications
in seperate zones while having the X server run in the global zone.
This can be acomplished via ssh X tunneling.  i've actually done this
with 3D applications and had very good results.  the applications can
access the X opengl 3d extensions via the ssh X tunnel and render 3d
images without a problem (assuming of course that the hardware in the
global zone supports 3d opengl acceleration).

ed