On 7/30/07, Kari, Sampath K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Essentially, In the Service Group, DiskGroup, Mount type resources come
> first and then on top of them there is a resource of type "Zone" and
> then on top of it is an IP type resource for configuring VIP inside the
> zone.

If SMF or rc scripts will start services that require non-loopback
addresses are up, you will have race conditions between the normal
zone boot process and VCS adding the IP address.  The way that I have
worked around this is to have the zone boot into single-user mode by
default (svcadm milestone -d svc:/milestone/single-user:default), then
add an application resource that runs "init 3" after the IP address is
up.  The monitor script for this resource can check to be sure that
"svcs -o state -H svc:/milestone/multi-user-server:default" returns
"online".

I have requested that Symantec improve things in this area.  In
particular, I have requested:

- zones should be able to specify boot arguments
- there should be a zone run-level resource type

Mike

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/