Christine Tran wrote:
> roush wrote:
>> Sun Cluster plans to support an iSCSI disk as a quorum device.
>> Sun Cluster accesses the iSCSI disk early in the boot process.
>> When the iSCSI disk is on the same subnet as the cluster machines,
>> things work. When the iSCSI disk is on a different subnet
>> the system cannot find the iSCSI disk (ENXIO). However,
>> after Solaris is fully up we have no access problems.
>> Solaris automatically boots up zones in many configurations.
>> The point at which Solaris boots zones is later, so
>> you may or may not hit this problem. I would be
>> interested to hear whether you encounter this problem or not.
> Hi Ellard,
> No, I have not encountered this problem.  The targets mount just in time
> for my zones.  But it sounds to me like a dependency on
> svc:/network/routing/route:default for cluster could help this along?
> CT

Hi Christine,

We have dependencies upon routing.
However, this dependency only let's us know when
initialization of routing started and does not
tell us when things are ready. iSCSI hides
the fact that a network is involved, which
complicated solving this issue. But we are working on it.
Thanks for the information. This helps confirm that
we have a startup ordering problem.