Matthew Taylor wrote:
> Apologies if my search-fu failed me and the answer is out there.
> I have a box with 1 hme and 8 qfe interfaces.  I would normally used
> exclusive IP zones, but that is not possible with these non-gldv3 driven
> interfaces, so I am forced to use shared IP zones.
> hme0 is configured on the host with a 10.x.x.x address.  This is the only IP
> address to be used on the global zone.
> Each shared-ip zone is to have two of the physical qfe addresses assigned to
> it, in two different subnets, one public, one the same 10.x.x.x as in the
> global.
> I have searched, and can not find the answer to this question:
> Do the qfe's all have to have to be plumbed and have an assigned IP address
> in the global zone separate from the IP address assigned in the non-global
> zone configuration?

Yes, they all need to be plumbed. A address is sufficient in the
global zone. however, routing will be <the best term fails me> unless at
some time you have an address of the other subnet configured so routes
can be set up. At least until after one zone has booted (but I have
never tried all the possible permutations and timeouts (how long after
the last zone is halted will the entry go away and when you boot a zone
again its traffic won't go where you expect it to). Not sure if setting
a persistent route 'route -p add...' will do the trick.

OpenSolaris build 84 and later has the shim in place to that you can use
legacy NICs.