James Carlson wrote:
> Matthew Taylor writes:
>> Do you know if plumbing all the qfe's without assigning an IP address will
>> persist across reboots of the base system?  Never tried that on Solaris
>> (works on LINUX iirc, but you have to enter the info in a script).
>
> This will make plumbing persist across reboot for qfe0 through qfe3:
>
>   touch /etc/hostname.qfe0 /etc/hostname.qfe1
>   touch /etc/hostname.qfe2 /etc/hostname.qfe3
>
> Not sure if that's what you were after, though.  (More context needed ...)

Thats true. I find must users are trying to do something like this
diagram shows
http://blogs.sun.com/stw/resource/ipinstances-vlans/tieredweb-ipinstance-vlan071102.png
replacing VLANs with discrete NICs, and web, auth, and app with what
ever services they are trying to run.

Matthew, if that is not the case, a description would be very handy

Steffen