-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Kraus
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:34 AM
To: zones-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zones-discuss] Setting up SMC on a zone - possible?

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Anne Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>  Does anyone know how to setup and run Solaris Management Console on a
> whole-root zone? I've searched quite a bit online, but can't seem to
> find  the procedure for it.

        We run the Solaris Management Console on at least one sparse zone,
so it should just work on a whole root zone. Be aware that there are at
least two services (SMF) that need to be running for it to work. I set it up
months ago and don't remember the specifics ...
svc:/application/management/sma:default and
svc:/application/management/wbem:default I *think* were the two I needed.

        Now, if you are talking about the Sun Management Center console, I
was never able to get it (under 3.6.1) to install and run in a Non-Global
Zone of any type. The server ran fine in a Whole Root Zone, but the
installer refused to install just the console component in an NG Zone.

--
---}