Okay, that's good information. I can then install it manually and things
should work. I'll try in the morning.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jordan Brown (Sun) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 10:26 PM
To: Anne Moore
Cc: 'Paul Kraus'; zones-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zones-discuss] Setting up SMC on a zone - possible?

Anne Moore wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I am talking about the Solaris Management
> Console. I have a whole-root zone and those two services are running.
> However, there is no /usr/sbin/smc in my whole-root zone. It's like
> the whole-root installation didn't even install it. Very odd.

SUNWmcc, which is the package that includes /usr/sbin/smc, is for some
reason marked "hollow", that its contents should be installed only on the
global zone, but the package should appear for bookkeeping purposes in local

Why this is I could not tell you, but it does explain why /usr/sbin/smc is
not installed in your zone.