Hi Elizabeth
This cluster should have worked, I will check what rev of patch utils is
included.

The cluster would have installed a pretty recent rev of patch utils towards the
start,
which should have been able to patch your system. There is no need to apply the
patch
utilites outside of the cluster generally, unless you are applying a cluster
that is not
recent, although I do recommend checking SunSolve to see what the latest rev of
119254 or
119555 is ( SPARC|x86 patch utils patch ), if there is a more recent one, I'd
suggest
applying it beforehand though.

Do you have any logs from the failure, or even remember what the error was
approximately,
We'd like to identify the issue if possible, as without some data it's hard to
say what
might have happened. There is an issue currently open around patchadd not
properly
resolving mountpoints in relation to adding 120011-14, but without some data
it's not
possible to tell. But I suspect the problem you had is slightly different, as
it this case
it appears that the patch partially applied?, whereas in the case I described
the patch
would have failed to apply to start with.