121430-33 (or higher) supports ZFS root with ZFS zonepaths (each in their own zpools). Been testing this extensively as a POC and it works, lucreate plus patching. We did file bug 6819838 on preservation of mountpoint settings after lucreate when set at the zfs level vs. zpool level, but other than that pleased with the functionality. I believe the restriction is that you MUST use ZFS root and not UFS root w/ ZFS zones.

HTH,
Paul

Enda O'Connor wrote:
Hi
As far as I'm aware the latest Lu patches remove this restriction 121430-xx, but I have cc'ed the zfs team for some guidance.

Enda

Alexander Skwar wrote:
Hi!